Friday, December 19, 2008

Dashing thru the snow...

Snow driving....gosh it has been snowing a lot today. I was driving in the snow today, the roads were really bad and I noticed that there were all sorts of tracks on the road. Some of the tracks were swerving this way and that, but I kept diligently plowing forward, my focus on the road ahead and my destination on my mind. It occurred to me that I could have followed the path that was swerved or I could strike a new path by keeping on my straight path. Eventually, enough people would drive straight like I guided my car, and make a new path in which others could follow. I have to say, though, that the icy snow made me crave the smoothness of the dry road that I take advantage of whenever I drive it. The absence of the dry road truly made me appreciate it so. How many times in our lives do we despise the obstacles in our lives when perhaps they were there simply to make us realize the treasures we have in our everyday lives. One thing that is absent from most of my daily life is silence. I have come to cherish it so, having 7 kids. I remember when I was young, the thought of silence made me cringe. I did not realize that the noise in my head was so loud, that silence seemed scary. I remember thinking people that made silent retreats were insane. Now, I see why they participate in them. So, in the end, the snow became a reminder of how nice it is to drive on dry ground. It made me think about how we, in our lives could strike a straight path in our lives for others to follow by focusing on what is important, keeping on a diligent, consistent course of living and appreciating what we have in our lives. I am happy to be helping others on their way.

All the best always,

Alicia Bozza

No comments: