Friday, January 23, 2009

My THOUSAND Dollar experiment....Day 35



Today is the 35th day of my experiment. I am going to give $3500 to St. Lucy's in Newark for saving my Dad's life. He was a Nicky Newarker and from a very large family of 7 children. His Dad was not around much and my Dad spent a lot of time in the streets with his gang. One of the solid forces in his life was centered around this wonderful church and its Drum & Bugle Corps. Through the miracle of music, I think Dad's soul was lured to the Lord. So, this is where I am putting my 2 cents in today. They will appreciate the money coming from someone who, as a little girl, was their little confessor. It is just a tiny gift to repay them the good that they did for me and that they still do today.

The rest of the money is going to go to pay for the downpayment on my Pocono home. When I was a little girl, my parents used to take me to 3 different places: Ecuador (about every 7 years), the beach (every year we did not go to Ecuador) and last, but not least, the Poconos. I have always been very at home in the woods. (More so than the shore....) The prices of houses the way they are, I should be able to secure the home and pay the downpayment in a vacation area so that we could have a place to retreat to if we wanted, whenever we wanted. It would have to be several rooms so that we could have many guests come and stay with us. We would probably have 6 bedrooms with 2 sets of bunks in at least 3 of the rooms. It would have to be near a lake, probably close to my friend Anne, who I adore. It would have to be in a community, near a church and close to fun things, like skiing, and water slide parks. I can't wait to show the kids how much fun it is to spend time in the woods and all the fun things you could do. I miss the Poconos already. I have not been there in a long time. :) Now, with my own home there, I could go anytime. Oh, and I would have a video surveilance camera put in to make sure the kids did not have crazy parties there....they will never have to know. :)
All the best,
Alicia
ps- Here is a shot of a home from http://www.poconomountainbuilders.com Looks like something I would buy.

2 comments:

Marihuana Medicinal said...

Alicia: Que Dios te siga bendiciendo. Ruben Dario

Timothy C Burns said...

Love your dream building and I always am warmed when you start by thanking God and his church before you take care of yourself.

Timothy C Burns