Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Can you really know that it is TRUE?


Can you? What stories are you telling yourself in the back of your mind? What is bothering you that you are not even aware of? What is your mind telling you? Are you choosing to believe it? One of the greatest teachers I have come to follow is a wonderful woman by the name of Byron Katie. If you have never heard of her, you are in for a special treat. Her gift to us is a free process by which you can figure out if the stories in your head are true or if it is a concoction that you heard as a kid or percieve as true. I'm not good enough....I'm too old, too fat, too unschooled, too ugly. "Who would you be without that thought?" Is one of my favorite questions. Here are some more: "Who would I be without my story?" "Who am I without my story?"

Here are her four turn around questions:

Is it true?

Can you absolutely know that it's true?

How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?

Who would you be without the thought?

Then turn it around (the concept you are questioning), and don't forget to find three genuine examples of each turnaround.

If you, like me, are taking the time to look back over the year and see what you did, congratulate yourself, then look to see what you could have changed, you need to see Katie's site.

http://thework.com/thework.asp#howto

It is entirely free and so worth your time.

Happy New Year and here's to an amazing 2009

All the Best,

Your Friend,

Alicia Bozza

No comments: