Saturday, December 27, 2008

Well behaved children


Mmmmhmmmm. Yeah, right. Well behaved children on Christmas, I believe, is something out of a story book. When children, (or adults, for that matter) get too much stuff at once, I think it brings out the devil in them. Their egos go on a feeding frenzy and nothing seems to stop them. Kind of reminds me of Wall Street. For so many years, they were allowed to go on a feeding frenzy of money, material goods, food, etc and were left to make themselves into monsters! Now, I will admit that there will be some good children on Christmas and good deeds done, just like I am sure there are good people and good deeds being done on Wall Street. Take note of my brand new 6 year old sitting so nicely in the middle....she did not move the whole time, with her head tilted and all...such a good girl...but can they really help themselves if we put them into the ego feeding mode? Did you ever notice when you give a kid a lot of stuff, all they want is more? Whose fault is it then? Is it the kid's or the parents? Is it the wall street people's fault that we place them in such a high position, being paid as they are? Is it athlete's and movie actors' fault that we choose to pay them so much. Then we wonder why they act the way they do! They are acting accordingly to what they are being fed, in my humble opinion. This year, we purposefully held back giving extravagant gifts. It was so much nicer at my house this year, especially with the clean up. I was so proud of my 15 year old who posted on his Facebook account about how a person does not need a ton of gifts when they have all the love they need. I think they are getting it.
All the Best,
Alicia
ps-You can see more on my Christmas Family Video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6PcvxU_2s&feature=channel_page

No comments: